Monday, August 25, 2008

Bed rest!!! Blah

So- here I am on Monday morning wishing I were at work. I love my job and the school year barely started. I was only with my class for 3 days on a block schedule, so really I only saw them for a class and a half... then it all began-

After school on Wednesday, I had my regular bi-weekly check-up with a different doctor than usual. I felt fine... and was about to leave when I asked her where the baby's head was and where his boat was. (Because I have two very awkward bumps on my stomach) She felt around and was surprised that she couldn't tell which was which. So, she decided that she would make up a reason to do an ultra sound because she wanted to know herself. Well, both were fluid and my boy was way down on my pelvic bone. So, one thing led to another... we found out that I was dilated 1.5 cm and having contractions all the time (though I had no idea). They immediately sent me to the hospital and put an IV in... drugged me really good for a couple of days and finally let me come home on the stipulation that I would be on bed rest and that I would call if I had more than 5 contraction within an hour. (Even though, I don't know what I am supposed to be feeling)

I guess I should be grateful on the chance that I really was going into labor and my baby is not ready yet (31.5 wks). He has to stay incubated for at least 5 more weeks.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Wow! I wish I could bring you something. It was lucky you asked about those bumps. We will be praying for you and your baby Funk! Love you.