She noticed? I'm really sad? Then the tears came... poor Katie... I didn't mean to come over and cry. We talked about a lot of things... and I realized that I needed my family- especially on the holidays.
Some people can't wait to start their own traditions as a new family unit... not me. Maybe its because I am the youngest and want to be the youngest forever. What? ME in charge of thanksgiving? Maybe its because I love to be with my family. Maybe its because I was going to be the only one Not there on our holiday. Whatever the reason... it was eating away at me... making me depressed.
I cried at Katie's house. I cried on my way home. I cried watching dancing with the stars. I almost cried in the grocery store. I cried on the phone with my mom. I cried when Ryan came home.
That's when Ryan decided that it was cheaper to go to Minnesota for Thanksgiving than to buy all the ice cream that it would take until I felt better. And cheaper than a therapist. So we decided at 6:00pm that we were going to MN. We were on the road by 9:00pm and made it to my mom's house just in time to take a shower before the Thanksgiving party.
The best Thanksgiving ever.
I am thankful for...
my husband
my family -every member
our traditions
good friends
our car
the parkway
my dogs
my mom
Thanks.
3 comments:
I'm weeping... It was so wonderful to see you and your sweet family. I love you tweetie.
i was literally smiling ear to ear when i heard you were on your way up to mn. made me so, so happy. i love you girl! i am so glad you came over that morning. you're the best!
And we are thankful for you too:)
Post a Comment