D: I want yogurt.
R: You can eat your yogurt after you eat dinner. It can be your dessert.
D: why?
R: So that you have room for your vegetables.
D: I want yogurt.
R: Eat 10 bites of your dinner first and then you can have yogurt.
(30 minutes later we have eaten a good dinner and forgotten about the yogurt)
D: Can I eat my yogurt now? I ate my 10 bites.
background: On Easter Sunday they watched a non age-appropriate movie about the crucifixion.
While reading the Book of Mormon before bed:
D: Jesus died.
R: Yes, Jesus did die. But, he was resurrected. He lives again. Even though we don't see him, he lives in heaven with Heavenly Father.
D: I saw Jesus.
R: You did?
D: at church. It was scary. I covered my ears like this.
(variations of this conversation happen every night. I sure hope he isn't scarred for life)
1 comment:
That breaks my heart. I'm sure you have already told him that that was a man acting like Jesus. That is way too much for a little boy to think about now. Did you mention it to whoever showed the movie? I'm so sorry it happened. Taylor was traumatized by the Nursery Leader reading "The Story of Ping". He can't remember it now. Hopefully Little Dennis will forget it soon also.
Post a Comment