Sunday, October 30, 2011

trunk or treat

When I asked Dennis what he wanted to be for Halloween a couple of months ago, he told me that he wanted to be a Jesus robot. After asking him many times what a Jesus robot was, we found that it was green, had hands and feet, and wheels. Then one day we went to Walgreens and passed some scary Halloween decorations and costumes. Dennis asked what it was and I said that some people liked to dress up scary on Halloween and get scared. From that moment on, whenever asked what he wanted to be for Halloween he would say that he just wanted to be a boy. Boy scout? no. farmer? no. Train driver? no. Pilot? no. Just a boy. Then I asked him what his boy was doing and he said that he was digging holes. So, I asked him if he wanted to be a digger. And he said yes! After a couple of weeks that turned into a front loader... All he had to do was tell Grandma and she was on it!

Didn't it turn out awesome?!






He was a happy little digger boy. Most trunks gave him extra candy because he had such an awesome costume.

4 comments:

Mom said...

What a darling costume. I love it! HAPPY HALLOWEEN big boy.

Buzz and Camille said...

Love the costume!!! Your mom is amazing!!

Mindi said...

Oh wow. Jory would be SO jealous, that is all he's about too. :)
Instead he's a fire truck man. Sometimes he says he's just a fire truck. All about the vehicles with these boys.
Hope to see you soon!

Katie said...

amazing! holy cow, that's the coolest costume i've ever seen. robin (and dennis) wins best costume, hands down!