Yesterday was supposed to be when Dennis was born. We were so busy that we forgot to take pictures yesterday so I took some today. First, here is what Dennis looked like the first time that we saw him (not in the OR).
Here he is the following morning when we woke up.
Here he is today...


I feel very blessed to have had an extra 7 weeks with my newborn baby.
Our sweet setup: So that I don't go insane, Ryan and I have set up a routine where I go to bed around 8:00 and sleep through Dennis's 12:00 feeding and wakeup to Dennis's cries after that. Some nights I sleep until 4:00! That's 8 hours of sleep. Some nights however, I don't go to sleep until 10:00 or 11:00 and then have to get up at 1:30 like this morning. That's only 3 hours. It's very flexible, and I am sooooo grateful for those 8 hour nights. Hopefully, we will be able to get Dennis to sleep through the night before I go back to work. Here are a couple of pictures of
Ryan's daddy time with Dennis.
This one was taken in the day but this would not be unusual for the middle of the night. Ryan plans to wake up to Dennis by sleeping right next to him in a different room, closing the doors in between. But, I will always wake up before Ryan if he falls asleep.
1 comment:
I love these last few posts, Rita! The photo shoot is so lovely - how thoughtful of your talented friend!
And Happy Birthday, Dennis! I'm glad I've seen so much of you already!
Post a Comment