With the elections coming soon, I have been doing some research on the candidates (very much inspired by Andrew Marshall) and found this interesting article that I thought I would share with all of you. I have a hard time gathering all of the information and forming my own opinion so I think this article sums it up as good as I ever could. I also have a tendency to not talk about politics with people mostly because I generally lean left and most people I interact with lean right. I am not a good debater and lots of times I am unable to support what I think with those around me, but this rarely changes my views. One of my biggest pet pieves is when people vote party and not person- its like saying, "I'm catholic because I was born catholic" or "I'm mormon because I was born mormon".http://thinkinginamarrowbone.wordpress.com/2008/02/08/why-mormons-should-consider-backing-obama/
With this article in explanation, hopefully I will not hear any responses like I have in the past when talking of politics, "are you mormon? and you lean left?" Yes, and I am not the only one. Like Andrew, I totally respect you and your views as long as you have done your own research and picked the best candidate for you.
2 comments:
Go Rita! Being a South High Tiger definitely taught me to speak my mind. I'm glad to see you speak yours - despite potential opposition in your life.
I think you might be surprised how many "mormons" are closet left-ers or moderates. There really is not much that is black and white when you educate yourself. Not to say that we should not stand up for our values, but you shouldn't be a lemming either.
ps I want to keep seeing your blog!
Post a Comment