Dennis and I went to Utah on Friday. We were so lucky to have a quick flight with a half hour layover in Denver. I knew it was a quick one so I found our next terminal immediately and luckily it wasn't hard because it was only a couple of gates down. We got there and sat down right in front of the desk. We waited and waited for them to start boarding our flight.... and then I started to wonder when it was getting time for the flight to take off. So I asked someone who called our gate and found out that I just missed it and they were taxiing. (!?!?!?!?) How could that happen... I was right there. Well, I felt very stupid and everyone treated me as if I had never flown before and blah blah blah. I only fly at least 4 times a year. I didn't totally space it either. There was never anyone at the desk and from where I was sitting there was a HUGE pillar blocking the actual door to our plane. I saw a line but assumed it was for the next gate (they were all right next to each other). And I was always listening to the intercom of which was never a flight to SLC. So, I'm guessing that they had the final boarding call for SLC before I got off my other plane. The flight attendant claims that she was looking for me. But lets be honest- HOW COULD SHE MISS ME!!! I wasn't sitting in a chair. I was sitting with Dennis's car seat right in front of the desk!!! I heard many other names being called on the intercom but never mine. Anyways- 4 hours later and a couple of tears I made it on my flight to SLC and I am so glad that I made it. Dennis was actually really good too! He took a nap in his stroller in the airport! MIRACLE!!!
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
traveling
Dennis and I went to Utah on Friday. We were so lucky to have a quick flight with a half hour layover in Denver. I knew it was a quick one so I found our next terminal immediately and luckily it wasn't hard because it was only a couple of gates down. We got there and sat down right in front of the desk. We waited and waited for them to start boarding our flight.... and then I started to wonder when it was getting time for the flight to take off. So I asked someone who called our gate and found out that I just missed it and they were taxiing. (!?!?!?!?) How could that happen... I was right there. Well, I felt very stupid and everyone treated me as if I had never flown before and blah blah blah. I only fly at least 4 times a year. I didn't totally space it either. There was never anyone at the desk and from where I was sitting there was a HUGE pillar blocking the actual door to our plane. I saw a line but assumed it was for the next gate (they were all right next to each other). And I was always listening to the intercom of which was never a flight to SLC. So, I'm guessing that they had the final boarding call for SLC before I got off my other plane. The flight attendant claims that she was looking for me. But lets be honest- HOW COULD SHE MISS ME!!! I wasn't sitting in a chair. I was sitting with Dennis's car seat right in front of the desk!!! I heard many other names being called on the intercom but never mine. Anyways- 4 hours later and a couple of tears I made it on my flight to SLC and I am so glad that I made it. Dennis was actually really good too! He took a nap in his stroller in the airport! MIRACLE!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment