Thursday, June 3, 2010

our garden

This year I planted a variety of tomatoes because last year I got bored of the same kind and couldn't use them in all the recipes that I wanted. This one is cherry. I have a lot of recipes I am going to try with this one. Below are pictured left to right: black, yellow pear, & big red. Not pictured are: roma & pinapple. Never knew there were so many did you?

We planted sunflowers again this year. some of them we planted and some grew from seeds that dropped last year! So cool. We had them coming up all over our yard! The one's back by the dumpster we didn't plant but I appreciate them even more!
We also tried planting a BIG sunflower.

We are trying a more normal variety of cucumber this year.
As you can see our green beans are taking over this garden. We didn't thin them out this year so the plants have no where to grow but to bush out into the garden. You can also see our full crop of lettuce!
I also planted lots of flowers. Last year I planted Zinnias andthey all turned out to be hot pink. But they came in a variety pack. So, this year I planted lots of them and I think I got one of every color! Here is the orange.

... the dark and light pinks...
... and white.
I forgot what this one is called but its really cool. It opens up during the day and closes at night. I will post another pic later of the open version. I planted even more different kinds and will show them when they start to blossom.
But here is my favorite one of all!

No comments: