Friday, October 15, 2010

haitus

i know... this has been the longest that I have gone without blogging since Dennis was born. I am not a wordy person and I love pictures... so I usually post with a picture. Well, my camera has problems from time to time with its lense. It happened this summer and now it happened again. I was in Minnesota/Wisconsin at my cousin's wedding and as they started to walk down the isle my lense wouldn't focus and it gave me a warning message. So, unfortunately I don't have any pictures from the absolutely beautiful wedding. And then I gave my camera to my dad to carry because he had pockets. I forgot it. So, even though it is working fine again... its in MN. Not to worry, my parents are coming to visit next week. I can't wait!! I LOVE my parents. They could live at my house and I would be extremely happy. :) I am so lucky that they come and visit so often.

The wedding was so much fun! It was a weekend event (pictures soon) in Wisc. Everyone that came stayed at this woodsy resort. My parents rented a cabin that fit our whole family (except Ryan).

Cute things of Dennis during our trip to MN/WI
  • While the bridesmaids were coming down the isle, everyone was turning around in their seats. And, Dennis could see everyone's face that was sitting in front of us. He spots my great aunt Nancy that he met earlier that day and says pointing to her, "there she is!" really loud.
  • Dennis LOVES to dance. He couldn't get enough of the fact that we were all dancing and there were LIGHTS! He didn't stop the whole night.
  • During the "first dance" everyone was sitting and watching tara & zane slow dance. Dennis was on the side interpretive dancing to the slow music.
  • sleeping on vacation is always hard. Especially when you can climb out of your pack & play. I put Dennis to bed at my parents house and 10 minutes later I could hear him playing in the living room.
  • One day at the resort, I said "ok, its time to take a nap". Dennis said, "NOOOOO". I said, "Ok, you can sweep the floor first, and then you have to take a nap." So, he took the broom and did his "sweeping" with it. And, without prompting from me, grabbed his blanket and headed to his room. That was the greatest!

Most of all- I just love my family. I could have stayed in that little cabin forever. Miss you guys.

1 comment:

Mindi said...

Oh he's such a sweetie. I enjoyed watching his awesome dancing - but I didn't get to talk to you very much (again). :)