Tuesday, March 22, 2011

fun in the sun

For spring break, Dennis and I went to Florida with my super good friend and neighbor Emily and her two kids. Our trip overlapped with Randy's trip with his family and friends. It was a party at the condo. We set a record of 13 people... including babies.
My nephew James is the cutest thing around. He could seriously pose for a magazine. I just want to take a bite out of him.
This is my dear friend Emily. She has been such a blessing in my life. We met while walking our beagles and as we got to know each other better we found that our lives are parallel in a lot of ways. I grow to love more as I get to know her more. She is one in a million. Even though we probably won't stay in St. Louis forever, she will always be a dear friend. (Dennis took this picture of her... quite some talent I must say)
We got the chance to go to two night concerts... it was super fun.

We went to the park.

And of course spent most of our time at the beach or at the pool. Dennis is quite the swimmer. He LOVES water. We got him those blow up arm floats and he was off in a jiffy. (pictures to come if I can find some)
That's right. That's my kid in the spedo.








Ah... a little vacation does so much good. Today one of my students stopped me in the hall and said, "wow Mrs. Funk... You've gotten dressed up 2 days in a row." Yup... Most of the time I shower and head out the door with wet hair and no makeup. Not the past two days! I am setting records! I am tan and feeling good. May as well treat myself with a little makeup and heals.

1 comment:

Jenna said...

That looks awesome and so refreshing!