Thursday, July 5, 2012

5 months

Well, Ok... its a week later but I will just tell you about Zola now. I haven't been good at all about posting her month marks anyways.

Zola impresses me everyday. It seems that she is doing something new or with more precision every moment. I was watching her tonight as she sat in her walker. She was looking at her hands and they were working very fluidly. She was grabbing what she wanted in a somewhat smooth way. She is so good. She will sit in her walker for most of the day as long as we are around. Once in a while though she gets her fill and will want to be held. She isn't afraid of letting us know when that is. When I am in the kitchen doing dishes or making dinner she sits in her swing and watches me. But like I said before, she LOVES to be vertical and our swing is just slightly reclined. So, she has decided that sitting up straight is more fun. It makes it very hard on the motor. I am suprised at her strength to sit up while moving like that. She is getting closer to sitting on her own- it always ends up in a face plant still. The other day during tummy time she put her head down for a rest but then raised her bottom into the air instead and started working her legs a little. She moved forward a hair. Speaking of hair- hers is coming in a little more. Its nice and soft and has a strawberry hint. I love her gummy smile. I am pretty sure that she will show gums even when she gets teeth, her smile is so big. 





 What else are big brothers for?


And a story about Dennis-
We were going to the pharmacy to get medicine for his strep. I was telling him that he got it from me. And I got it from Penny who got it from Sarah. Dennis listened intently and then asked, "who can I give it to?"

No comments: