Wednesday, July 4, 2012

summer fun part 2

Our summer is just zooming by. We are having so much fun. Both Dennis and Zola are growing so fast it is hard to keep up. Though, the last couple of days I have been sick with strep and Ryan is on nights so he sleeps all day. Now Dennis is starting to get stir crazy hanging around the house so much. And, I just noticed that he is now running a fever. Poor guy is going to be housebound for a week! We are all needing to get out of this house. 

Zola loves standing in her walker. She loves to be vertical... 
 
A couple of weeks ago Randy and Chrissy stopped by on their way through St. Louis. Dennis and James had fun playing together... though they had their fair share of fighting... I think that's how we know they love each other. :)
 We took the family to Grant's farm and met up with a few of Chrissy and Randy's friends who recently moved to Keokuk.

 We love the elephant show at Grant's farm.
 Zola was so exhausted she just leaned over for a snooze afterwards in her walker. She didn't even give me a warning that she was tired... sound like somebody?
 ... just like me when I was little. I could fall asleep anywhere. Though, I think Zola normally fights it a little. She likes being awake too much.
 Then we went to the city garden to play in the fountains in our 100 deg plus weather.
 This was so funny. Ryan and Dennis were just playing around... they do this all the time and Dennis always asks for more... anyways an Indian family was sitting by and giving Ryan the evilest looks. They thought he was torturing Dennis. hahaha. They wouldn't stop staring at our family with looks of disgust the rest of the night.

 Here are the boys: Owen, James, Dennis and Grant standing in the back. These busy bodies were so exhausted that they never stopped moving... this is the best picture that we got.


Dennis has a cough and he is learning not to cough on people in their face. Zola gets a crack out of it. Check it out in this video.



Yesterday, Dennis drew a picture for me.
Then he said, "It's a man-girl".
Me: What's a man-girl?
D: It's where his hair connects with his mustache.


He was making up a song on this toy phone that makes a different noise for each button. 
D: Do you know this song?
Dad: No, what song is it?
D: I go away from Jesus. 
Dad: I go away from Jesus?
D: yea, I go away from Jesus, then I go back to Jesus. 


I am pretty sure he was talking about going away from Jesus by coming to earth and then going back to Jesus when you die. Because he talks a lot about death these days. He first brought it up when we saw a cross on the side of the road. 



No comments: