Thursday, December 31, 2015

December part 1

Andrew's faces these days... He sure can make us laugh. But now that he is 13 months he is more often scowling than looking surprised. 

 Our hand made gift exchange on Ryan's side of the family was fun this year. I made a family tree watercolor for Katrina. I had so much fun doing it, I might go into mass production and open up an etsy shop. I wanted to add leaves with their kids names on them to symbolize new growth vs. old. But I wasn't too confident in my leaf painting yet and didn't want to ruin it. Maybe I will have to add them later after some experimenting.
 Dennis was so excited to make these guns for Myer that he even made some more for his neighbor friend's birthday. They are marshmallow guns.

 Andrew looks so cute in the play mat that he made *cough*. We included a lego set that we searched out the pieces for from a tub of legos bought on craigslist- Homemade enough, right? And Zola actually helped me push the pj pants through the sewing machine. The shirt has a picture of Zola and Holland together and it says, "best friends". Zola Loves Holland and talks about her often. She keeps wanting to invite her to her birthday party. Unfortunately, she lives too far away.
 Andrew's favorite chair in the house is the one that Grandpa is sitting in.... wherever he might be.

 Zola kept asking if she could make ginger bread men... so we finally did. And, they were so delicious.
 Accidents happen when you are having fun... I don't even remember what happened. He was over it after 5 minutes.
 ... grandma's lap isn't too shabby either.
 Andrew was so proud that he was standing on the rocking chair. He thought that he was so big.

 He is getting pretty mobile these days, climbing onto things and getting pretty good at walking.


No comments: