Happy birthday Ryan, we got stuck in Seattle for a day.
It may be because I was pregnant or because I just loved the other Hawaiian Islands, but I was very underwhelmed by the big island. Everything was so spread out and took a lot of driving to see. Ryan was in conferences for half the day almost the whole time so I was stuck waiting for him in the lava fields with not much to look at or do. I am grateful that I got to see it but I don't think I need to go back when there is a whole world I still need to see.
One morning I went to Kona and saw the old church.
I saw a lot of fish swimming around. That black cloud is a school of fish. Then I saw a big fish skip accross the top of the water from deeper and dive in to eat one. That was pretty cool. This was Kailua Bay.
that afternoon we drove north and got ice cream in Hawi. We also went to the Pololu Valley but I didn't even get out of the car for fear of Zika. I heard it was shut down for a couple of weeks because of it. It looked like Kawaii. I would have enjoyed it, had I been able to see it.
Dinner at a japanese Restaurant. My ramen wasn't that great since it was made with spam. But the Tempura was amazing!
Another morning I checked out the farmers market in Waimea. I bought lemonade and the best goat cheese I had ever eaten. Super cute.
Some mornings I just sat in the sun.
Dolphins!
Hieroglyphics.
I walked around the hotels and found some paradise one morning.
an eal.
Yellow fish are everywhere!
The fish get trapped in these lagoons and then the ancient hawaiians would have easy access to the fish.
Most of the island looks like this. lava rock.
In front of the hotel where Ryan had his conference.
There were turtles everywhere!
We drove around the island one day to get to the volcanos. The Hilo side was much for my style! I LOVED the lush green everywhere. It was refreshing.
Some waterfalls.
Our favorite part of the trip was snorkeling with the manta rays! So much fun and so cool. One of the best experiences of my life. They were about 11 feet wide.
We also went snorkeling at two step and we got a kayak and went to the cook monument to snorkel. That was super fun! but getting back into your kayak when pregnant is not an easy task.
The lava glow from the volcano.The temple.
Our flight home.
No comments:
Post a Comment