Sunday, November 9, 2008
For the love of.... frisbee
Ryan took a hard one playing ultimate on Saturday. He was playing defense and got in the way of a wild follow through. About 15 minutes after the hit, his vision had gotten so bad that he was only able to see light and dark... nothing else. Never having such an extreme hit in the eye before and knowing all of the worst-case scenarios from medical school, I took him to the ER. He spent the whole afternoon there and found out that he had an infra-orbital fracture. For those non medical people like myself, that means he got a fracture in the bone that surrounds the eyeball. Because there is an open communication between his nasal sinuses and orbit, he's on a lot of drugs to keep it from getting infected and to reduce pain. Poor boy.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OUCH! that looks sooo painful! do you remember when dan got hurt playing intermural football while we were engaged and i took him to the ER? his face was fractured and turned black and blue. not fun. hope ryan feels better soon. and dennis is adorable. i love the pic of him staring at his hand. kids make life so much fun!
Wow Ryan! I hope you heal quickly!!
You're such a good blogger I have to read three entries when I finally check it out! Your pictures are all so cute, Rita.
Nice!!!
Post a Comment