I went back to work a week ago Friday. It was so great... the students couldn't wait for me to return... the sub couldn't wait for me to return... and let's be honest, I was excited too! I work at Metro High School- the #1 school in Missouri and 22nd (or something) in the nation- my kids are brilliant and I love them. I missed their sassiness, spontineaty, energy, and drive to do whatever they had to in order to get a good grade. The only thing about going back to work that I wasn't excited about was leaving Dennis. I was very blessed to have a friend who I trust very much offer to watch him, making it easier to return to work. The first couple of days were great. Then the routine set in... Dennis would wake up, I would feed him, then we would go. Dennis would enjoy his morning playing with his new best friend, watching baby einstein, and exploring the world while I was at work. I would pick him up after school was out, feed him again and he would crash... until dinner and then crash again for the night. I was missing out on his life, a reality that I have to get used to. With our financial situation, I have to work... and I love my job... But, I love my baby. It's a no win situation. Today (Saturday) I have a whole day full of surprises! I finally see the improvements that Dennis has been making all week long. He can spit up tons, and his strength and alertness are so much more. I love this boy.About a week ago, I noticed Dennis's belly button was looking wierd (see below), we called the doctor and found out that he has a hernia that is pushing out his belly button. Luckily, its not painful and the internet doctor said that it is really common in premiees and usually goes away on its own. So, for now, Dennis looks funny under his shirt. Thank goodness its winter. :)
Enjoy this video.
2 comments:
oh dear those little baby sounds, so sweet! he's so precious. what a lucky lady you are! congrats again and again.
I have been thinking about you! Dennis is getting so big & strong! We should get our little boys together soon.
Post a Comment