We celebrated Dennis' birthday this past weekend because Grandma Robyn was able to come! We had a great weekend despite the fact that I was in bed sick for the majority of the time.
For the bday we went to Grant's Farm. Next time we will leave the stroller at home... as you can see it just slowed us down.

We got to ride a "train".

And see some buffalo.

some Texas longhorn cows and a wild mustang

a jumbo elephant

some parrots

and of course, the goats.


Dennis was so excited to ride on the carousel

until it started to move- it was so funny, he would cry and then stop when he saw us... over and over.

After nap time Dennis opened presents! He LOVES his legos. Thank you Nonnie & Papa.

playing with grandma's camera.

LEGOS!


Here was the cake... Dennis LOVES M&Ms so we did a simple cake- but it was sooo delicious... its the "better than Robert Redford" cake (as my mom calls it). I know... its not that cool- I wouldn't be surprised to find it on cake wrecks someday. Oh well. I just wanted to leave room for improvement for next year. You can't set the bar too high at only 2.

Thank you Grandma & Grandpa for the wagon! Dennis LOVES it.

And I made Dennis this little city to play cars on. I got the idea from Nonnie's house. There are drive in garages, drive thru McDs, car wash and gas pump. It doesn't compare to his legos but maybe he will like it in 6 months when he is tired of the legos.


We LOVE Grandma! Thank you sooo much for coming. We miss you.

2 comments:
Looks like a fabulous bday! A few thoughts...
1- I love cake wrecks!! Keeps me entertained at work for hours!
2- Love the pics of Dennis feeding the goats!
3- You did such a great job with the car city. I love the detail for Target and the handicap stalls. :)
Dear two year old Dennis,
Wow, it looks like you had such a fun birthday. Was that fun to feed the baby goats? Do you know your Daddy did that when he was a young boy? I saw the big birds too. Aren't they colorful and pretty!
I'm glad you got a wagon. When Nonnie was a little girl, our collie dog, King, pulled us kids while we were either in a wagon or on a trike or something. Maybe Bruno could be your "sled dog". I'm sure I was older when we tried that.
I love you so much. Have fun!
Love,
Nonnie
Post a Comment