It was beautiful and I had fun thanks to an unknown old man. Ryan could barely clip my boots on when I got out of the car. They were so tight. I hobbled to the chalet trying to keep up with everyone... by the time I got inside my toes were tingling. This is going to be a long day if my boots are too tight. I sit down on the couch and an older experienced skier is sitting next to me. As I start to unbuckle my boots he asked if my toes were cold. I told him that I just got there but my toes were tingling and numb already because my boots were too tight. He informed me that the only thing that should be in your boot is your socks. I had my socks, my 2 pairs of long underwear and my spandex pants all stuffed in those boots. As I proceeded to remove the layers, he told me that was a good idea because I have substantial legs!
Substantial- that's a good way to put it
He clarified and said that he could tell that I had played sports.
I always knew that I had "substantial legs." I used to say that I was sturdy or short & stocky. Now, I am substantial.
After that encounter, my toes had a happy day... I think the best they have EVER felt in ski boots.
Thank you anonymous old man!
2 comments:
Snowbasin?! That's my winter playground. I have skied there since I was a little girl. I'm so happy you got to go there. And that an older man helped save the day.
I had a similar experience. I had only been skiing once in my life and my in-laws are big skiiers so I went with them. My husband got SOOOO frustrated that he couldn't get my boots done up and he said, "your huge calves are making this impossible" I didn't have stuff in my boots. Needless to say, my feet were slightly numb the whole day
Post a Comment