Every morning Dennis LOVES oatmeal. That is the only thing he ever asks for. And, recently, he has been into the variety pack avoiding the plain old Maple Brown Sugar packets for two boxes now. Every morning he will eat at least 2 packets. This morning Dennis was having a hard time waking up, so I decided that I would cook it for him before he even got out of bed. My options were either peaches and cream or cinnamon roll. This was an obvious choice because he has LOVED the fruity kinds. I was expecting there to be a slight conflict because he likes to make his own oatmeal... as much as he can. When he got up, his complaint was not that he wanted to make it... but rather, that he didn't like that kind. I knew that wasn't the case, but winning battles with a tired Dennis in the morning isn't ever really worth it. So, I started to make his cinnamon roll (2 packets) and while it was in the microwave, I enticed him with the delicious bites that I was taking. I showed him the good little peach pieces and after refusing to try a bite only once, he said that he would try just one bite. He ate it and enthusiastically said, "I don't!" (meaning I don't like it) But quickly said, "let me try it again". I gave him another bite and got the exact same response. This went on and on until he started to get a glazed over look and was whispering "don't" and silently opening his mouth for the next try. He ate two whole packets minus the 2 bites that I ate. And LOVED every bite in denial. Then came his REAL breakfast of Cinnamon Roll... of which he did not finish.
This reminds me of another silly morning with Dennis that I think I forgot to record from several months ago.
Dennis got up in the morning pretty grumpy and said, "I am sick". I then asked him what was hurting. His response, "my feelings".
No comments:
Post a Comment