Thursday, March 1, 2012

airplane yogurt

It sure is fun hearing all the things that Dennis comes up with. He used to call plain yogurt - airplane yogurt since he thought we were saying plane yogurt.

While putting together a mobile for Zola, Dennis said, "Heavenly Father made this hard for us to do, didn't he?" and then again this morning looking for the other strawberry oatmeal packet he said, "Heavenly Father made this hard for me to do."

One cold day I told Dennis to put on his jacket while we were headed out the door for school. He responded, "Thank you for thinking about me."

The other night he decided to sing himself to sleep with one song. He must not have been able to choose which song because he didn't even finish a full phrase from a single song- they were all mixed up. I wish I had a recording of it because it was pretty hilarious. He included insy winsy spider, hickory dickory dock, I am a child of God, The ABCs, and a lot that we couldn't figure out where it came from. He ended his masterpiece with a robust, "...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO GOD". And that was the last we heard from him. He fell asleep.

And my favorite these days: "I begot" instead of "I forgot"


No comments: