Sunday, March 25, 2012

the match

Match day was Friday, March 16th. It was pretty crazy. All of Ryan's classmates crammed into a small auditorium and one by one went up on the stage to open an envelope telling them where they would be going to residency. We were so happy to find out that we would be headed back to Minnesota after his intern year here is St. Louis. He matched in Radiation Oncology at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester.
It will be super nice to be only an hour and a half away from my parents and a couple of hours away from all of my siblings. Ryan really loved the Mayo Clinic when he spent a month there this past year. He loves the caliber of Frisbee players. He loves the size of the town (very similar to Idaho Falls where he grew up). I don't have an opinion of the town yet since I have only driven through it a couple of times. We are excited for the change but are really going to miss our life here in St. Louis.

See a picture of us here.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Rita, I'm so excited! I wish you were moving there this year, but I'm just happy to have you there with me next year. SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratultions!