Sunday, April 15, 2012

breezy like sunday morning

Sometimes, I really like having afternoon church. This morning was beautiful. It was about 70 deg outside and it was so quiet. It seemed as if the whole neighborhood slept in including all the dogs. Dennis occupied himself for a while with the hose.
Ryan joined the neighbors in their dreams.
Zola was happy in her crib admiring the mobile.
And, me? I was just enjoying the moment, trying to finish one of the two quilts that I started for Zola. I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family.

Dennis woke up at 6am crying hard. He came into our room and said, "I want to go to Florida." What a precious kid. He climbed in bed with us and finally fell back asleep. There is something wonderful about having your kid snuggle up to you in bed. I remember snuggling up to my parents and feeling so safe and comfortable. Now, I am on the other end of that relationship and it is just as wonderful. I just have to remember this when he comes in at 2am.

No comments: