Monday, April 2, 2012

the beginning of spring break

Yep... I wasn't done posting pictures with that last post. I took so many pictures! Believe it or not, I have picked out my favorites.On our second day we went to the state park where Ryan proposed to me 5 years ago. Though we didn't go the actual spot, we did enjoy the wild life of the beautiful park. We went in search for some alligators and found 2! I unfortunately didn't have my camera with when we got out of our car at that spot. First we just saw a female and then a male came swimming up and they both went off into the marsh. A lady told us that they were going to their nest full of babies (we could hear them).

Then we went to the dock where the fisherman dock their boats and clean their fish. We got there just at the right time- the end of the day when the boats come in. The pelicans have it on their schedule. They come for the cleaning scraps. You can see the trail of birds swimming in this picture.
my mom, the Hollywood star.
Here you see my dad at the cleaning table faking the birds out. They gathered all around the table- right up close to us.

We can never pass a playground up.
Dennis is so strong and agile. We should really get him into gymnastics.
Dennis went from standing on the ledge above the bar that he is hanging from (in the next picture) straight to hanging from the bar. He just reached down and stepped off the ledge. I was shocked! He even did it again. I was impressed with the strength it required to lower his whole body down without dropping from the bar.

We went to another children's play which ended up being the same play! Dennis still loved it the second time.
We had a picnic again while watching "the cat and the river rat".

best pals







Thanks Grandma and Grandpa! We had a great time.

No comments: