I am totally shocked that Dennis' marble run has lasted this long. The gears and motors still work and we have all the pieces... even the maps of example runs to make. This one is from the map.
I am also totally shocked that Zola and I were up 3 times during the night last night. She was cutting her second tooth. It seemed that nothing was working to help ease the pain and I couldn't find a pacifier anywhere... so I was the pacifier last night. She normally sleeps through the night without any problems.She seems way happier than me this morning. ugh.
... way happier...
She will chew on anything she can find these days and my fingers no longer like it- this morning it was a pole that got drenched.
Zola had her 6 month check up at 6.5 months and here are her stats:
height- 26.5" (56%)
weight-15 lb 9.5 oz (31%)
Head- 17.52" (90%)
Yes, she has a big head. We are totally thrilled with her stats... it looks like maybe she took after the Kannas' with her growth since the Funks typically grow really slow and are barely on the charts.
Besides the fact that I didn't get any sleep last night, She is so much fun. She never took a pacifier when she was a baby but she has liked them lately because they feel really good to chew on. It is also nice that she can hold it and put it in her own mouth as long as she can reach it. She has little desire to roll or scoot yet. She is figuring out how to maneuver a little with her walker. She likes to kick her leg when nursing. She has really shown a preference for her mommy especially when she doesn't feel good. She starts to whine if I walk away and she wants to be held. She gets excited when daddy comes home. When she hears his voice her eyes get big and she looks for him. She always has big grins for him. My mom always said that girls like little things and I can already tell that this is the case with Zola. Her favorite thing to play with/ chew on is my necklace that has teeny pendants on it. She uses her fingers to pick up each little piece. She doesn't like loud noises or being startled. She is still very sensitive and will cry if something might have hurt or startled her... but not ever for very long... and its more of a whine than a cry. Boy do I love this girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment