Andrew learned to go down the stairs. He first would just sit at the top looking down... studying it out. Then he brought a long stick over and reached it down, tapping. Seeing how far he could reach, laying down and reaching as far as he could. Then he dropped it. Next thing I knew he was bringing other things over to the stairs to drop down- usually only a step or two. And he would reach down to get them, head first. After a little training, he learned to go backwards to get them. It only took falling down once and now he is a master of the stairs.
I love that our windows are low enough for him to check things out.We went to a water ski show that was sooo awesome! They were talented and it was entertaining as well. We are interested in joining next year. Can't you see Ryan as a barefoot water skier or going off of those huge jumps. I can.
On Dennis's actual birthday we went to the Minnesota State Fair. I have a lot of memories going as a child. We would park a half a mile away and walk to avoid paying for parking. We would see all of the animals, look at the 4H buildings, get some really cold milk, and watch a free concert. My parents would intentionally avoid the areas that had carnival rides and games. I felt so deprived. All my friends would rave about the rides that they went on and I didn't even see them. Well, I wanted to make things different for my kids. So, We paid for parking, paid to get in, looked at a few animals, saw the beauty queen being sculpted out of butter, and then we hit up the food and the rides! I spent a lot of money. How did my kids feel afterwards, you may ask? They felt deprived... They didn't eat everything they wanted... they didn't get to ride on all the rides... Let's be honest. Even if I spent $500, they would still feel deprived in some way.
So, maybe my parents did it right! Next year, if we go, we are going to avoid the carnival. Since we feel deprived either way- we may as well not waste our money.
Andrew is so fascinated with animals.
My jolly boy. Yes, that is drool on his belly. He is so proud of himself for mastering the stairs!
We love our legos.
Never a dull moment.
D: can I go play at my friend's house?
(As he is running out the door)
M: sure! I love you!
D: I love your cute little butt!
(As he is running out the door)
M: sure! I love you!
D: I love your cute little butt!
No comments:
Post a Comment