Tuesday, May 19, 2009

baby proofing

This morning I was blow drying my hair while Dennis was playing in his bedroom and just at the very last second I looked up to find Dennis reaching over the first basement step to try and grab a towel that was left there. I swear if I had looked up a second later... he would have been down those steps. I almost had a heart attack.

This afternoon we started baby proofing (since Dennis is quite the explorer now)/spring cleaning. We moved all chemicals on the top shelves instead of the bottom and washed the windows including the window sills (thank you mom for teaching me how to clean and the importance of it) and mopped the floor. Once again, Dennis was in the next room exploring and I heard a thud and immediately knew what it was... the bucket for mopping with chemicals in it. Luckily, I got there just in time so that he didn't pull it on top of himself... but it was close- he tried once. We are REALLY going to have to be more careful with things. yikes.

No comments: