Tuesday, May 19, 2009

night-time is a bugger

Our whole family is just getting over a huge cold bug... that stuck around for over a week. And right before that Dennis had the runs for a week... and before that we had company several times... so we are finally making our way to having a schedule again and hoping that Dennis will then be able to sleep through the night like he used to. Instead of getting better, they were getting worse. I think one night I was up every hour... another I would go in and rock him until he fell asleep but when I would put him down he would immediately would wake up crying. I gave in and brought him to bed with me. I was starting to think that Dennis was just taking advantage of the fact that its hard for me to let him cry at all. Except that I thought his behavior was a little more extreme than that and he is really a good kid that likes to sleep. (I know my grammar is bad but I'm too lazy to fix anything because of lac of sleep) Today I picked him up at his babysitters to find him sleeping like a log. I moved him into his carseat without him waking up. Our totally awesome babysitter recognized the symptomes and sure enough here come 2 teeth. She put some gel on his gums and he could finally get some zzzz's. We will have to make a trip to walgreens. It's kinda hard to tell in the pics but you sure can feel them.



1 comment:

Mindy said...

Oh, my goodness! Two teeth! What a rough thing for these little guys to go through! I will miss the toothless grins. James is working on one, too. I bought some orajel this week, and I'm also hoping that he will be able to get some sleep. Good luck!