Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Biffed it
So, I got up yesterday morning early to run before Ryan left for work so that I wouldn't have to bring the jogging stroller. Well, I was so tired because I am on Utah time and so to my body I was getting up an hour earlier than I really was. I could feel as I was getting dressed that my body was wanting to crawl back into bed... loosing my balance and all. So, I get out the door and I run a couple of blocks when I tripped. I decided mid fall that I was going to land in the grass instead of the sidewalk because at this point I knew I was going down like a tree and to have minimal injuries I veered right onto the boulevard. Only when it was too late to change directions did I notice that I was falling right into a big brown smear on the grass. Yup that's right- I biffed it in a dog's toilet. So, with brown smear on my hands arms and shirt, I headed back home to get cleaned up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
haha That is super gross! My first time running in DC I was running under a low tree and came out with a slug on my eye. It was super nasty! But I think you win...
So Gross! Both Angela and I have fallen at one time or another during the last couple years. I remember making an uncharacteristically graceful landing where I somehow remembered to roll to a stop. I have also stepped in doggy poopy and tracked it all over my house before noticing it was on my shoe. But I have never fallen in it. On the bright side, I'm sure that it was a soft landing.
Post a Comment