Saturday, July 11, 2009

What a morning...

This morning we woke up at 6:00am with Dennis and decided that we were going to pack up everything and go mountain biking at the Chubb Trail. (BTW this is our new van- we LOVE it!)

We were pretty excited! Dennis was happy. It was a very cool morning for mid July. And, we hadn't been mountain biking in a long time.

Here is a quick overview of what we encountered.

  • Steep hill (down) with loose gravel.
  • a mile long sand pit trail... we had to walk it.
  • a dozen or so fallen trees in our path.
  • I fell in the mud.
  • a gillion mosquitoes that ate me alive.
  • Buster and Bruno found 3 wild turkeys.
  • Bruno ran away.
  • I continued on to the car with the trailer and Buster while Ryan did the whole trail 2 more times looking for Bruno.
  • I had to pull the bike and trailer up the steep hill mentioned before (and only made it half way before I thought I was going to die of exhaustion).
  • Ryan saved me while I was hyperventilating and preparing for my death.
  • I went home to make fliers for our missing dog.
  • Came back to the park.
  • Ryan finally found Bruno standing on the path 1.5 hours later.

I think everyone enjoyed it but me.

Ryan: "This is so fun!"

Dennis: "weee"

Buster: "ruff ruff"

Bruno: "woof woof"

Me: "I hate this!"

I think its time to invest in a road bike.

Lessons I learned:

  1. don't take a baby trailer on a trail that you haven't ridden before.
  2. turn around at the first obstacle... don't assume that it will be better after.
  3. dogs... will be dogs...
  4. don't take me along.

And, Ryan still thinks that I had fun?

4 comments:

Buzz and Camille said...

hahaha Oh that sounds rough!! I do recall biking one time with my family and I don't know why but I didn't want to go... I have a pic of me in one of my pic books doing the exact face you have... haha love it! PS Dennis looks so stinking cute on sitting in the front seat!

Katie said...

oh my goodness! i can't stop laughing. I love that picture!! sorry. i mean, i hate that you had to go through that, but what a story to tell. i'm still laughing.

sarah said...

That picture of you says it all! I hope you treated yourself to a bubble bath or something!

Katrina said...

Taylor and Ryan are so brothers! Hahahaha! Taylor would have been convinced that I had the time of my life as well. Dennis is cute. I just love him, and I'm so glad you found Bruno. How awful would have that been? Can't wait to see you in TWO days!!!