Friday, October 23, 2009

Watercolor

I started a watercolor painting class over this past summer. In my class we started learning techniques, then colors, and then we got to paint a picture. Here are a couple of pictures of my color project that I was working on at our cabin.
Some of my color charts:


One of them in detail:


And, I finally finished my first painting this past Wednesday! The picture is not very good because its a cloudy day and thus I didn't have nice light, but I think the painting turned out pretty good. I couldn't have picked a better subject. This is Dennis's 9 month picture.

8 comments:

Ron Kannas said...

That is really a fantastic painting of Dennis. I expect that will be with you or Dennis for a very long time. Dad

Ron Kannas said...

I think I am ready for you to paint a picture of a loon for the cabin. I have an idea what the loon should look like, cartoonish.

Starr said...

VERY VERY GOOD! No, this painting is excellent. You have captured the essence of your subjuct. It turned out so well... congratulations. Now do it again =)

Andrea said...

wow. thats amazing Rita!

Mindy said...

Holy smokes, Girl! You can paint! Beautiful work!

Unknown said...

wow! this is awesome!!!

Nonie said...

WOW!!! Good for you!

Kev and Chels said...

Wow, way to go. I didn't know you were such an art-est.