Saturday, December 12, 2009
painting #2
I have finished my second painting from my watercolor classes and I love it. Once again, the coloring is a little off due to my photography with a flash at night... but you get the idea anyways. I have this thing where I have to paint something with meaning... otherwise, I feel like it would be a waste of my time and money. And the thing that means the most to me is people. When I showed this painting (unfinished) to my mom- she was wondering why I didn't just paint a picture of the scenery without the boat or else with the full boat in view (maybe she thought the shot was awkward or unprofessional) but honestly- I like the awkwardness of it. And when I am canoing this is what I see most... the back of another person. So, seeing Chrissy here in the boat brings me back to boating with her. LOVE IT.
I will be showing both of my paintings in an art show in January! And I will be starting a new class in January too~ I can't wait to share with you my next painting- its going to be so good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
SO COOL!!! You've inspired me to want to take a painting class. I need to look into it! Love this one!!
This is beautiful. I am so proud of you. Excellent picture choice... very unique.
Post a Comment