Wednesday, December 30, 2009

mother moments

Christmas was so fun and one of the best in a long time. Pictures with more details later...

We went to the cabin in MN this year and with the whole hussle bussle of the Christmas activities Dennis and I got tired and a little detached from our normal routine. Once things quieted down and everyone left except the two of us with my parents, I was able to have a couple of those mommy moments that you want to capture in a jar to remember years down the road. One night when I was putting him to bed we took some extra time to read some books-so he finished his bottle early which made me kinda nervous that he would have trouble going to bed. But we kept reading anyways. Then we turned off the light and sang some songs. Yup- WE sang some songs. Dennis is getting to be quite the singer and dancer. Then I put him down when I noticed that he was trying to get comfy on my lap and he smiled at me as I tucked him in. He quickly fell asleep.

When back in Minneapolis he was having a hard time falling asleep because of the new surroundings so I lay down with him until he fell asleep. In the process, I had my arm laying over him and moved it to scratch my head- but Dennis pulled it back immediately. Such a little thing but means so much to a mommy.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Oh my goodness - what sweet and tender moments. It makes me think of the good, better and best in our lives. You've embraced the best! Please read a story, sing a song and give him a hug from Nonnie!