Monday, February 8, 2010

Defying Gravity

It's time to try defying gravity

I think I'll try defying gravity

And you can't pull me down

(wicked)



Dennis had a fight with gravity this past weekend. With a rug burn on his forehead, a black eye, and a bruise in the middle of his forehead people start to wonder about our parenting techniques. What color are those eyes anyway? they keep changing... but into what?



Some things this little guy is into these days:

- He has 2 molars on top and 2 halfway on bottom- plus the next two in front to make 4 front bottom teeth (whatever they are called). Interesting the order that they come in.

- He likes to put toilet paper in the toilet and flush. Whenever I hear the lid- I know that's what he's up to. One day I wasn't sure if it was going to flush it was so full of paper.

-He has loved, for a long time now, throwing away his diapers. We have finally trained him not to play with the garbage- so it is once again in its usual place by the refrigerator. And, the other day after he ate some string cheese he threw away the wrapper without any prompting. YAY!

-He can walk down SMALL steps like a big boy without holding onto anything.

-He loves to color.

-He loves the feel of rain or snow on his face.

-He loves to lift things up... even if they are bigger or heavier than him (he is very strong).

-He tries to reach the light switch and doorknobs. He will push stools, chairs, and his booster seat over to them in order to help his reach. It is quite funny to see him go for the light switch- they are very high in our house-sometimes he is a good 4 feet short and he still reaches with all of his might.

-He says mama and Dad. sometimes. Most of the time its just aaah.

-He loves to hit and hug our dogs. usually one after the other.

-He is getting very good at carrying 3 or 4 things in his hands at once.

-He has a new fascination with falling asleep with his glow worm.

-He hates sitting in a grocery cart - unless it has a steering wheel.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

he's so cute!

Mindi said...

I love to see the stuff he is into, generally where we are in life too - except J seems to do the Big Kid things a bit faster (watching Z). He pooped in the potty last week, and has been good about peeing in there if I put him on there. So that's on the way for you guys too.
And words! Wow, this kid has a lot to say. Just wait - when it comes, it EXPLODES out of them. :)

Katrina said...

Thanks, now I have that song in my head, hahaha. Poor kid. Myer's starting to get the good old bruises all over his face now too. Unfortunately half the time they are the result of his older brother protecting his train track. Dennis is such a little boy now. The baby is almost all gone.

Mom said...

I love to visualize in my mind little Dennis doing all those big boy things. He is so good natured. It's amazing how fast he's growing up. I can't wait to see you guys in March!