Thursday, February 25, 2010

recent makings

After my first painting class (when I got all of my supplies), I ran home and made a bag to carry my art-board (for lack of a better name). But, I was intimidated by the zipper that I was going to put in and got bored making the straps. So, there it has sat... an unfinished bag for a year now. But, I finally finished it- with velcro instead of a zipper and put a liner in it. Basically I followed the same tutorial that I made my little snack bags with but just in a larger version. All of the fabric I got for free at a ward swap meet. Did I ever mention that I love hand-me-downs? And, I made some cool bean bags that Dennis LOVES. I made one and was surprised at how much Dennis enjoyed the feel that I quickly finished this project in one night. I look forward to doing math games with them when he gets older. (this was not my idea- I found it online somewhere but can't find the blog again.)


3 comments:

Mom said...

What a clever lady

Starr said...

Your Bag looks great! I love 'hand-me-overs' too. Re-purposing stuff is a favored pastime. altho I have a hard time throwing things away because I may be able to make something out of it.

Katrina said...

That bag is awesome, and you need to send me the instructions for the bean bags. My boys would love those!