My parents took their spring migration north to the beloved state of Minnesota again this past weekend. Its always fun to have them around. We (they) worked around the house (while I was either working or watching Dennis). We also went shopping at this huge garage sale where I picked up some really great clothes for only $1 a piece. LOVE IT. I think I am the luckiest when it comes to my family.


My mom brought her sister, my auntie starr, and Dennis's "auntie grandma"... so many names for such a wonderful lady. She worked so hard while at our house getting some much needed projects done. I really enjoyed sharing painting ideas. She is also a water color painter though much better than me. Here they are putting new linoleum on our basement steps. When we first moved into the house the steps actually turned to the left at the bottom but Ryan moved them to go to the right so that we could put in a bedroom to the left. This left some uncovered stairs. So, auntie grandma was hard at work aligning all of the lines and cutting the pieces just right to fit the stairs.

Here is the project all done.

And remember how Ryan and I started working on our kitchen... oh... maybe over a year ago... Well, its still not anywhere near done but auntie grandma and my mom painted quite a bit and put nice linoleum on the base of the cupboards. I am so motivated and excited to get the doors on them now! They look so great white!


And as if that wasn't enough for those two ladies to do during the 4 days at my house, they recovered my dining room chairs! We put vinyl ontop of the fabric that I chose so that they are easy to clean with little kiddos running around and spilling milk. GREAT IDEA AUNTIE!
My dad was also busy putting the final touches on the added bedroom in the basement. He closed off our laundry chute cabinet and put up the crown molding and baseboards.
THANK YOU GUYS!!! It would take us forever to do that all on our own... and actually it probably wouldn't ever get done. Many thanks. We love you!
***Now they are off to spend a couple of weeks helping out at my brother's house... do they ever take a break? nope.
2 comments:
Wow! That's great!
What an awesome team! I can't really imagine getting that much done in a few days:)You guys are project finishers!
Post a Comment