Friday, May 14, 2010
painting update
Here are my two newest paintings. I saw this video on facebook and fell in love. I was so inspired by Mark Mabry's photography that I decided to paint one of his pictures. I thought it would be fine as long as I didn't make prints and sold them. I'm not totally satisfied with my final product so maybe I will just have to buy one of his photos. :)
And then I painted this picture for my mom for mother's day. I love my mom. This picture was inspired because her name is Robyn. And, I think robin's only typically have 3 eggs but I added one and named it "Robyn's Eggs" (my mom had 4 kids).
*if you didn't already, you should totally check out the link to see the video by Mark Mabry. It beautifully portrays the core of my beliefs and touches me deeply everytime I watch it. Beautiful art, with the most beautiful subject, and my favorite song... "take my heart, take and seal it for thy courts above".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Rita - you really have a talent. Your paintings are just beautiful. I love the title; "Robyn's Eggs" Tell you Mom hello from me.
i LOVE the mark mabry one. it's beautiful. and i have a soft spot for rocky point {where he took that picture}. :) you are very talented. way to go!
I just love your work. Beautiful!
Post a Comment