Friday, May 14, 2010

thunderstorms

One thing that I absolutely LOVE about living in the mid-west is the thunderstorms! I really missed them when I lived elsewhere. Growing up, I always really liked the rain. It made me feel refreshed and alive. I have fond memories of playing in the "river" that would flow down our street and spending hours in it. I still like the rain especially the thunderstorms. I love to wake up in the night to a loud crack right outside my house. I love the feeling of being a little scared and vulnerable and yet so cozy and safe in my bed.
I want Dennis to have fun experiences like I did. The other night Ryan said that he kinda wanted to take Dennis out in the down pour of rain just to see what he would do. Though, the real down pour didn't last long the rain continued pretty hard. Here is Dennis feeling the rain at first. Here he is a moment later after he walked down and around our front steps.



I'm glad that he liked it so much.

No comments: