Sunday, August 15, 2010

hot summer

This year has been an unusually hot summer here in St. Louis. I hate being outside. ever. 7am I am sweating carrying all of my things and Dennis to the car. 8am 90 deg. bleh. I have found my renewed connection with the sprinkler for those days that Dennis wants to go out. We picked the perfect day to go to Grant's Farm because it was raining. I'm sure everyone could see through my clothes because I was soaked. But I wasn't hot. We had a great time and will have to return during a cooler time of year to enjoy the bird and elephant shows. Frozen treats are delish. We invested in a popsicle mold and made orange juice treats. LOVED THEM. Especially from the comfortably cool bathtub. Going outside even to eat a popsicle is too much for this northern chick.

Dear "Match Deciders"- please don't send us to some southern location in 2 years. I don't think I would survive. I would probably melt. - Rita


1 comment:

Ron Kannas said...

You 2 are so cute.
(This is Chrissy actually)