Thursday, September 13, 2012

balloon party

When I asked Dennis what kind of party he wanted, he said a balloon party. And, when I asked him what kind of cake he wanted he said a watermelon cake. So, I found a recipe for watermelon cake that tastes like watermelon! It even had real watermelon in it! It was too sweet for me but it was exactly what he wanted. 
We started with a game where they ran around with balloons attached to their ankle trying to pop each other's balloons.
They had a blast. Every balloon had a starburst inside.
Then we did a pinata that Dennis and I made (mostly me because Dennis didn't want to get his hands dirty). We were concerned that it wasn't going to be tough enough to break open. We were wrong. All the kids swung at it and not even a dent. So, I tried but only dented. Ryan had to hit it open and he broke the bat. I guess I know how to make really strong paper mache in only 1 day and 2 layers.

Some other games that we played were balloon rockets and we made yo-yo's. It was a fun time. Then we ate pizza and cake.
Dennis with his bestie Elloise. Good thing I had those balloons on top of the cake because it was too windy to light candles. I brought twice as many balloons but something happened to them between the car and the party. A special 4 year old was in charge of keeping them safe.

Then we opened presents!


It was a good time had by all and we ended exactly on time.

1 comment:

Buzz and Camille said...

Looks so fun!! The watermelon cakes is perfect!