Dennis, Zola and I met up with some friends (Stella &Trevor) at Eckert's apple farm to pick some delicious apples. Unfortunately, I was too focused on not carrying stuff that I locked my keys in the car. Yes, both sets - not that Ryan could have helped if he had one. So, Dennis went with his friends (and their mommies) to pick apples while I waited for the locksmith to drive out to the middle of nowhere and get me back into our car. It turned out ok. I didn't pay as much as I thought I would have to and I even tipped the guy.
Here are some pictures of the kiddos riding the trailer behind the tractor out to the trees.
Dennis got to pick his own bag.
I think apple trees are so beautiful.
After we picked apples Dennis and Stella played together on their playground.
eating free apples for lunch!
Then Dennis decided that he wanted to pick more apples. I was ok with that since I didn't get to go. Good thing that we went out again because I noticed his picking tactics... picking off of the ground. After I checked his bag and yup we almost bought a whole bag of bad apples! haha. Good thing we fixed that and found 2 bags of good apples from the tree.Ryan had a really busy rotation in August so the one day of church that he was able to come to he fell asleep with Zola in the hall. (this picture was taken by my friend)
Zola sure loves her bath!
Instead of going out of town for Labor day weekend we decided to do some fun things in St. Louis that are on our bucket list before we move. We went to the transportation museum. It was really neat.
yes, I was there too!
We got to ride a train!
Zola loved that part. The wind made her laugh and kick her legs.
A few of the cool cars that we saw
We spent a lot of time at the pool and the last day of swimming in the outdoor pool at the y was Labor day. Super fun. Dennis spends more time under the water than above. He even went down the lazy river by jumping up for a breath when he needed one.








No comments:
Post a Comment