I have a lot of catching up to do. Ever since Andrew was born I couldn't find the pictures from my phone on the computer. Finally, I remembered to have Ryan look for them for me... and we found them. Now, I just have to remember the stories that go along with them.
Here is our first family photo.
Dennis and Zola were so excited to meet their new baby brother. Zola would say, "he came out of your body?" As you can tell from the picture, Zola had a cold and wasn't feeling great. They came and visited us around 6pm and then spent all afternoon the next day with us while Ryan worked downstairs.
Except for this photo, Zola was so good at keeping her germs away from Andrew. She didn't touch him at all and when she would cough she remembered every time to cough into her elbow.
Dennis was so good about it too. He is always careful around Andrew and is super careful not to get too crazy around him. He asked, "Why is your belly still big?" He asked me several times... even weeks later. haha it takes a while to be back to normal, I told him.
I kept it pretty dark in my room so I don't have very many good pictures from the first two days. The nurses were impressed with how calm he was- even with his newborn tests he didn't really mind and the nurses said that other babies cry really hard. I sure have some good children.
Andrew's first bath in the hospital given by dad.
Dennis and Zola went out for a walk around the hospital for me. Dennis showed me around. It didn't take long for him to figure out where everything was.
I love Andrew's toes. Perfectly spread.
He had just a little bit of jaundice but it went away on its own. He has a grimace in this picture from the flash.
On our way home from the hospital. He was wide eyed and curious what was happening. What an adventure. He is the perfect addition to our family. I can't imagine not having him now.










No comments:
Post a Comment