I finally put the tissues where the kids can reach them so that they can be independent when they need a tissue... and well, let's just say that didn't last a full day. Here is the pile of tissues that Zola "used" with one "blow".
Andrew sleeps really well at night. I only have to get up once a night usually around 1 or 2am. But, unfortunately he had a night where we got up much more than that. I felt so tired in the morning especially because I am not in the habit of getting up that many times. But Andrew was super Joyful. He must have really liked all the extra alone time with mommy. You can tell by his gleeful smile. But on the left is the look of determination to get the phone. As soon as he saw it, he wanted it.Zola was overly dramatic one day and fell to the floor about wanting a snack. Moments later, I looked and she was sound asleep.
Dennis wanted to make a box for his valentines at school... and he had in mind of exactly what he wanted to do. It was so hard for me to just let him do it. I am such a perfectionist when it comes to crafty stuff that I wanted to take over sooooo badly. But, I was able to resist (barely) and Dennis made it all on his own and impressed the dickens out of me. Come to find out... they didn't use them. They just used pink paper bags that they decorated at school.
... and then this happened again the very next day.
... and this happened... She has such flimsy nails that she often gets hang nails and nails that just peel off too short and she was showing me her owie.
Dennis is really into doing his own hair these days. It drives me nuts! Once again... I want to take over and make it look nice but I don't want to hurt his feelings at the same time. Sometimes he ends up going to church with a lot of hairspray- not in these goofy dos but with it plastered to his head. He thinks it looks awesome... flat. I did his hair this past sunday and it was so cute. But he hated it. And the journey continues...
The first time that Zola has played with her baby since Andrew was born 3.5 months ago. Here she was nursing her baby Mason.
... and just because Andrew looks great in dark colors... and I am a little obsessed.
Dennis is getting to be a really good reader. Here he is reading "Are you my mother?" to Zola without having to sound out the words... He is even using narrator voices and character voices. He read it just about as well as I could have. He just tested into the 1B reading group which seems very juvenile still for him. The books that he brings home from school are quite boring. He is starting to read chapter books with me. We started reading the magic tree house books. I am so proud of him.
We are all very excited when Daddy comes home. They love to play horsey with him.
Andrew is getting big! Here he is leaning forward in his swing for the first time!
He doesn't get a shortage of sister Lovins.
Dennis has been to kindergarten for 100 days!!!!
Zola was super cute on her potty dressed like a queen I couldn't resist taking a picture.
By the time night time comes around she is pretty exhausted and will fall asleep if someone will cuddle with her.


















No comments:
Post a Comment