WE ARE SO HAPPY!!!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
The day has come!
We went to the 8:00am feeding like usual today and the first thing that our nurse tells us is, "Guess what? He's going home today." Music to my ears! I could hear the angels singing.
Dennis just had to prove that his temperature was 97 or higher... Ryan did the honors and he passed!
He was either surprised or scared by our reactions.
We bundled him up in his own clothes and strapped him down to the all too big infant car seat and we were off... never to return- except to show our favorite nurse Bonnie how big Dennis will have gotten.
We knew Dennis was small, but we had no idea how small until we put him in this enormous car seat. Compared to all the other preemies Dennis was a good size- pretty normal. Compared to other babies... tiny.
Home at last in his own crib. (Katie this is the blanket that you got him)
WE ARE SO HAPPY!!!
WE ARE SO HAPPY!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
WAHOO!!! Way to go Dennis!! We're so happy for you guys!
Congrats!! We are so excited for you guys! He is such a handsome looking little guy! Well I guess we will have to hook him up with little Berkley who will be here tomorrow! Good luck at home and give him lots of kisses!
YEAH!!!!How exciting!! Yeah!!! Love it!!!
Congratulations to all of you - what an exciting day! Dennis is super cute. We hope to see all of you someday soon.
Love, Kevin & Ashley
C'est formidable!! I'm so glad you get to be parents at home now, and Rita, you look beautiful! Keep the updates coming... :)
yeah! yahoo!! finally!!! we are so so happy for you. welcome home little guy!
he is so teensy in his humongous (i know can't be spelling this right) car seat. i love it! can't wait to see you soon.
Rita! He is so handsome! It was all I could do to not cry while eating up all of your blog entries! To say that I am so happy for you would be the biggest understatement ever! I love you so much and I am so proud to be your friend!
Hey Rita! I'm so glad I found your blog. Dennis is so precious! I am so glad he's at home. I bet that is just amazing to be able to bring him home and just enjoy him. He's still so tiny! I liked your "positives" of a preemie baby list. You'll get to enjoy certain outfits longer. Ellee outgrew some of her clothes before ever wearing them! I hope the adjustment goes well and that the little rascal keeps gaining weight and getting stronger every day! You're such a cute mom already!
Dennis is so precious and tiny! Congrats on being able to be home as a family!!
YEAH! congrats! that is always the BEST feeling, and he is such a little pipsqueek in his carseat! SO CUTE!
Post a Comment