Sunday, September 28, 2008

Over 5 lbs!

I've got to show off my handsome boys... ... all 3 of them.

Buster is the best dog for children. Last night we had some friends bring us dinner and stay to eat with us. They have a 6 month old little boy who thought Buster was hilarious. Buster is very excited just to have more people around. So, we are cautious about the two meeting- it could be disaster. Finally, after many sniffs we put the kid on the floor with Buster. NO PROBLEM! Buster would lick the top of his head and walk away...then come back and do it again. After a while, Buster layed down right in front of him, both on their tummies with their hands holding their bodies up, gazing into eachothers eyes- Both very content. Buster can't wait til we let him loose with Dennis. Dennis has had a hard time passing stools. He only pooped the day we brought him home (12 days ago) and then once when we made him poop with a glycerin something or other. We were so worried, especially because EVERYONE thought there was something terribly wrong. "Infants are supposed to poop at least twice a day", people would tell me. I had several nurses tell me to go to the doctor's office to get him checked out. So- we went. Our pediatritian did a thorough check: feeling way into his gut, looking in his ears, down his throat, feeling his soft spot on his head, moving his legs all around. Our little Dennis looks perfectly healthy... then where is all of the poop?? Dennis just has extra productive bowels and sucks almost everything from the milk right into his chubby cheeks. He continues to clip right along with his weight and is rarely uncomfortable. One unfortunate side effect is that he has terrible smelling gas.
He also has trouble burping... but I think this problem is more common... so we haven't been to the doctor about it. This is the process:

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I've been thinking about you guys! I'm so glad Dennis is doing so well. Rita, he looks like you! So cute!

Katrina said...

I love his cheeks!!! Congrats on making it to 5 lbs!