Thursday, September 11, 2008

looking at the positive...

I find myself crying often for many reasons: Happy, Sad, Overwhelmed and for no reason at all.

I often get sad when I see other new mothers get to hold their baby right after birth and they get to have their baby in their hospital room in a crib next to the bed. And, then amazingly they get to bring their baby bundle home two days later. Having no idea when you will have your baby with you always is tough to accept. Dennis is one week old now-and we have seen babies come and go in the NICU.

It is easy to get depressed... so, I decided to look at the positive- which makes me cry happy tears.

Good things about having a preemie baby:
-no episiotomy
-faster birth
-time at home after to recoup
-your baby is tiny for longer
-i still can look forward to having that intimate time after birth with the next baby
-if you have anymore, let me know.


He is looking so good and is plateauing with his weight (closer to coming home).




THANK YOU, GRANDMA & GRANDPA! We love you.





8 comments:

Jenna said...

You are doing great Rita. Good job on being positive. Remember he is yours forever! love you!

Nonie said...

Rita, you're making me cry now! But I'm so happy for you, so stop it! ;) He is such a beautiful little guy. I guess the number one benefit I see in having a preemie would be the way it tries your heart and builds your faith and trust in the Lord. Having a baby does that anyway, but not nearly to the extra degree you're experiencing. Keep on keepin' on! I love you!

Katrina said...

You're amazing Rita! I can't imagine how hard it is to have your little boy in the NICU plus be going through all the postpartum hormone wackiness. You are doing an amazing job. Hopefully everything will continue to go well and he'll be home with you soon. We love you!!!

Andrea said...

He's so precious Rita!

Erica said...

Hello... Ryan and Rita. I saw your blog on Tara's link so I decided to say Hi and Congratulations. He is darling. We are so happy for you both.

Maggie said...

Oh Rita! He is just so handsome! I don't know if those photos were right after birht, but he didn't look like he had a smashed face (Charlotte totally did). So perhaps that could be on your list. He's beautiful.

Ian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andi said...

congrats Rita! You look so good so soon after giving birth! He is such an adorable baby and Im glad things are looking up :)