Saturday, March 21, 2009

Just me

I don't express my feelings very often on this blog thing... In fact I think I have only done it 4 times total. Today I have 3 things that I want to talk about. This might come accross as ramblings...


1. Tonight when I put Dennis down to sleep, I wanted to capture the moment in ways that I don't know how to. If I was able to take a picture- that wouldn't have captured my feelings or the smell. Dennis has had a really long week- he has been sick for 7 days now... some of those days were really hard meaning that he was not happy and there wasn't much that could make him happy... but not meaning that I was not happy. Its funny, I thought that it would be unbearable to have a baby that cries all the time but its different when its your own baby. As a mother I am gifted with patience for Dennis. Anyways, today he was feeling much better and as I put him down to sleep, I gave him his lion that he sleeps with every night and he held it up close to his face and he rolled to his side and gazed into his lions eyes... then I put his blanket on top and have him a hug and a kiss and he smiled. It was as if time stood still for a moment. I wanted to capture it as he was smiling at his lion. simple moments are the best. I LOVE being a mom.


2. I have been reading Three Cups of Tea and it has made me really sad that we live in such a complicated world. I am not good at summing up books so you will have to read it. Its amazing to me how quick people are to judge another group of people. We make assumptions of people or areas from watching the news. The news is just what someone thinks we want to hear or should hear about- its not everything that happens. I also feel that war is such a sad thing... so many innocent people die. Mortenson talks about refugee children who pick up explosives thinking that its a package with food and die. Most of the people in Afghanistan are innocent victims-innocent victims are always a bi-product of war... and its sad. (this is not what the whole book is about- its just what has been making me think - so read the book yourself)


3. I watched Dan in Real Life tonight with Ryan and it made me really excited for the future and life. I love families. The majority of this movie takes place at a family reunion at a cabin. It has made me dream about being grandparents (I know I just became a parent) and gathering all of our children and their families together... so fun. I have always been a dreamer (ask my mom). One thing that I really want to do as a family on vacation- is exercise together to music like you do in a kick boxing class or something- they do this in the movie and I thought it was so dorky and fun-- and to my amazement Ryan did too! So, watch out... I'm bringing the boom box to our next family vacation. :) Definitely, a good movie- I would see it again. Ryan

thought it was a little slow... he started reading a book in the middle and claimed to be following both...

Well, that's all for now.

No comments: