Saturday, September 12, 2009
BIcycling
After having my bike for a while now, I finally got myself to commute to school via bike. Or, we should say, Ryan got me to. I was apprehensive at first because I didn't want to be showering in the locker room with my yahoo students running around. Well, I got over my fears and tried it out. With a few remarks that I overheard in the locker room: "whose ***** bike is that?"... red faced when they found out that it was mine and that I heard them. It all went smoothly. I wore sandals, saw a spider and went to class with dripping wet hair. :) Everyone either thought I was crazy or way cool. Nothing has changed. And I felt extremely energized for the day! That was by far the best day at work this year. Don't be surprised when I do it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are a rock star! I think you're awesome for getting the courage to ride to school...in scary, non-bike-friendly St. Louis...and to shower in the locker room with the kiddos. Way to go, Rita!!!
Post a Comment