"The Carpet of Flowers in the Grand Place, Brussels. Close to a million begonia flowers were used to create the 300 square metres carpet this week. The pattern is based on a medieval carpet design."
"Craftsman arrange the carpet by hand, directly onto the square's cobblestone, without any soil. Grass and tree bark were also used to provide colour."
I LOVE that place. Someday, I will make it back- though, I had a realization the other day as I dreamed of moving there with my family, that it would be different. That makes me sad. It would be hard to make a life there not as a missionary and I don't think it would be magical like it is in my memories. And, visiting just isn't long enough to quench my thirst- I will have to make many trips. Keenan & Nonie- want to go with Ryan and I someday? .... anyone else?
1 comment:
So Beautiful! I would love to see that!
And can we come with you? I'd love for you to show us around Brussels!
Post a Comment