Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentine's Day FUN

Story told by Dennis.
For Valentine's Day, I took my mom and dad camping. They let me drive a little bit- but I was too tired. We didn't get to bed until 9:00pm. Mom and dad had trouble finding wood in the dark and the fire wasn't starting. But, mom finally just went to bed with me and got hot dogs in bed... so romantic. Here is where we slept. It was nice and cozy laying in between mom and dad. I couldn't have asked for anything better. I was so happy to wake up right in between them!
We got up and looked for more wood (much easier during the day). My mom made me wear the mittens... I didn't like that very much at first because I couldn't pick anything up. But then when I took them off- I just wanted them back on because my hands were so cold. Thanks grandma for the cool mittens. At first I was wearing my shoes but my feet got wet from the snow.
So then my mom made me wear my boots. I don't love my boots. My feet never stay in them. So I fell. a lot.
At this point I was stuck sitting on the log. I couldn't walk or pick anything up! Torture!
At least I was warm by the fire.
Isn't my mom a diva? We could totally be Abercrombie models in this next pic.
My dad is a stud too. That's wear I get my good looks from. I can't wait to grow a beard longer than his.

I got to walk around with a little help.
Buster loves bacon grease.
Mom loves smores.











I helped dad go get water and got to sit in the big boy seat without a carseat! ... but I was so tired that I fell asleep. really hard. Dad says I was snoring. I'm so embarrassed.



















The Dogs slept in the van... I bet they were cold.









Mom decided to cut the camping trip short. She is a pansy sometimes. So I told her that I would drive her home.








This is where our tent was. It snowed a lot compared to when we first set up our tent. It got pretty cold too. But Dad and I were ready to tough it out. Maybe mom will be tougher next year.













I was totally exhausted when we got home.











Thanks for such a great V-day mom and dad! We will have to do it again next year.
xoxo

4 comments:

Mom said...

Camping in St Louis is tough anytime, anywhere.

skinners said...

oh this had me laughing out loud. you guys are so much fun and can i just say, one more time, how much i love dennis's expressions! your camping trip looks so cold - next time just try it out in the basement. ;) really though, it was great to see you. thanks for letting my stay with you and we'll see you in six months!

Mindi said...

Jory has gotten used to boots and mittens, but didn't like them at first either. His tolerance doesn't last forever though.
Busy guys need to MOVE and PICK UP STUFF!

Unknown said...

that was so funny! i would be a pansy too so it's ok!!!