We were going to a baptism. Ryan left early to fill up the font and Dennis and I were going to leave early to pick up a side dish for the pot luck afterwards. Good thing we tried to leave 45 min early. Dennis decided that he did not want to go. I bribed him; I tried to convince him that it would be fun with a party afterwards. He told me to come and get him afterwards. Smart guy. I could not get him to put his shoes on his feet. So, I finally got him out of the house with a granola bar in my hand. He was telling me the whole time that he wasn't going to go to the baptism. Convincing wasn't working... so I tried force! And I found out that I am no longer strong enough to force him into the car seat. So, let's say I gave up... except that it worked... and I am so glad that it did. I said, "Fine, go home!" I walked him up to the front door and let him inside the dark house all by himself. I closed the door and headed out to the car to wait and let off some steam. After a few seconds, I heard him scream. He came out the back door (the one he could open) and decided that he did want to go to the baptism. Thank goodness. We got there on time without dinner. :)
This morning when he didn't want to go to church all I had to say was, "Do you want me to leave you like last night?" and he changed his mind really quick.
One funny thing he said recently as he was hitting me with a fake hammer. "Mommy, I am going to knock you up." We died laughing.
5 comments:
My sister thinks it's the worst thing that I tell my kids I'll leave them. She's never had a three year old. You do what works.
hahahaha knock you up!! Hilarious!!
I have heard that, too. James has been so hard for the past year and half, I'm pretty nervous about what 3 has to offer us. We're also getting tastes of it, and besides the fact that he's so much stronger than he used to be, it's coming in the form of hurtful words. Tonight, he said, "I hate you" to his daddy. :( And he has repeatedly told us that he'll smack us, throw us down and step on us. Ai-yai-yai!
Three is two with intent.
I've liked 3. It has brought some sweet moments. It doesn't mean that Underfoot didn't spend plenty of time in the corner. He did. I took my own time outs too. Hurricane on the other hand will be a curious 3 and it will be interesting to see where he will take us in laughter.
Post a Comment